Thursday 8 September 2011

Assignmnt 1



Last Christmas I purchased a pair of Abercrombie and Fitch jogging bottoms. As Abercrombie and Fitch are a very well known brand, they also come with a very expensive price tag! Despite the fact that they were extortionately priced I still went ahead with the purchase. I did not particularly like them, and just bought them for the recognisable name.
when my jogging bottoms arrived, I realised that I didn’t like them at all but I still wanted them for the name on the clothing. I wore the joggers, twice and I have owned them for eight months, I know now that I bought them for all the wrong reasons, although at the time it seemed like a great thing to do, I know now it was completely stupid, and I have learnt from my mistakes and will always make sure I take time to think about something before I buy it. I will make sure I have a reason rather than just the name.
I could have just as easily bought a less expensive pair that I actually liked and wanted to wear, as it would have been more value for money. in future I will buy things based on the quality, value for money and the look, not just for the brand.
at the time I was very stubborn as my mum told me I was silly to buy them just for the brand, especially as I did not like them, she showed me another pair of joggers that were much better looking, a decent quality and less than half the price, at the time I said no as they had no recognisable name. now I know how stupid I was, the named joggers cost £75 and I wore them once where as the other joggers cost £15...
what a mistake, never again...

1 comment:

  1. Awwwh poor Abercrombie and Fitch joggers slung in the wardrobe never to see daylight again... :L

    ReplyDelete